Quick and Easy Spring Time Project: Crochet Flower Pot Holder
The sun is out, the flowers are starting to bloom which means that spring is round the corner. I was looking for a quick and easy crochet project as I am in the middle of making a blanket but wanted a break from it, so needed a small project in between.
Us crafters love to have more than one project on the go. So I decided to spruce up my aloe vera plant. I decided to crochet a cover for the flower pot. He was a bit lonely sitting on my filing cabinet and I wanted to give him some character.
This project is so easy, you will be finished in no time at all. It doesn’t matter if your finished project seems a bit small as the finished project will be stretchable.
What you need:
- Chunky Yarn ( I used bernat softee baby chunky because it was the only bright yellow that I could find)
- 6mm Crochet Hook
- Black yarn for eyes and mouth (I had a spare pair of eyes so I used those)
You will find that this pattern will vary as so will the size of your flower pot.
- Chain enough stitches to go round the base of the pot (I chained 19st)
- Join the ends together with a slit stitch
- 2nd chain ttr in every chain
- Once you do full circle , split sticth chain 1 and 2nd chain ttr in every chain
- Continue this till you get to your desired length and cast off
Tip Tip: You can use a stitch marker so you know where you started or you can just use a different coloured thread (Cheaper option that works just as well)
Well hope that you enjoyed this quick project. I would love to see your crochet finished projects.